Delivering any kind of speech or public demonstration on the spot is enough to send the most rational and calm individuals into a tail spin, but studies have shown that if someone really knows their topic well enough and is a professional on the subject that they are delivering, that a 40 minute on the spot talk is not only possible but also quite educational for the people that receive it.
Naturally after hearing this I started to ponder what I might be able to deliver an 'on the spot' 40 minute talk about that I was not only expert enough about to share, but would also be an interesting enough subject that other people might give two shits about. And let me tell you, this is an excellent thing for everyone to ponder because it really determines what you are genuinely talented or qualified enough about to be able to talk about in an interesting way for the better part of an hour.
After much deliberation and contemplation, here are the things (in no particular order) that I believe that I could talk about to others for 40 minutes - on the spot, whether or not anyone would actually want to hear any of my talks, well that's a whole other thing entirely, but here's a list of topics that I believe that I could deliver - for good or for bad:
- Movies You Need to See If We Are Ever to Talk About Movies Together Ever Again.
- Self Care and Mindfulness for Neglectful Headcases.
- Healthy Eating and Cooking (aka. How to Stop Being So Fucking Lazy in the Kitchen).
- Incorporating Some Zen into Your Everyday Routine Because You're Currently a Wreck.
- Time to Grow a Vagina - (aka. Why Horror Movies Are Awesome)
- This Too Shall Pass - A Lesson in Acceptance and Letting Go of all of That Crap
- Long Term Relationship Success (aka. You Said Yes to That Mess)
- Unmissable Television Series That You're a Dud if You Don't See
- Kids- Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em
- Oh, So That's Happening Now? (aka the Truth About Ageing)
- Planning Family Holidays on a Budget (aka. How to Use Airbnb to Your Advantage)
- Journal Writing 101 - Get it Out of You and Write That Shit Down!
If anyone would like to hit me up for any of these informative talks, please let me know, I would be more than happy to bore you death with my long winded rants and opinions on any of these topics at any time!
Release Date: 2019
Rating: MA 15+
Running Time: 113 mins
Director Guy Ritchie goes back to his gangster movie roots with his latest offering The Gentlemen. In true cockney screwball fashion, we again find ourselves thrown into the underworld of British crime with tonnes of seedy, colourful characters and another deeply convoluted and looping storyline.
Mickey Pearson is a well known American marijuana kingpin in England who is looking to sell his cannabis empire for a handsome price. However a variety of rich, influential and shady characters are attempting to undermine him behind his back in an attempt to bring down the cost of his business.
Although amusing, I don't think that this is as good as Ritchie's early gangster offerings like Snatch or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but it is still a completely fun and entertaining watch. Hugh Grant, Colin Farrell, Charlie Hunnam, Henry Golding and Matthew McConaughey are genuinely great here and definitely elevate the script with their razor sharp delivery of their seriously flawed and exaggerated characters.
As far as fast paced, cockney crime-comedies go, this is a really enjoyable watch and a must see for Guy Ritchie fans that have been waiting for him to deliver another quality gangster movie.
FINAL SAY: If you wish to be The King of the jungle, it's not enough to act like a king. You must be The King.
3.5 Chilli Peppers