Unfortunately we got our snow between Mt Warrenheip and Ballan on our way to the Melbourne Museum. Not ideal, especially since I just crap myself when I have to drive in snow, so it was a slow trip to say the least. However, all things considered, it was pretty spectacular being caught in a snow globe for 20 minutes.
I was kicking myself that I didn't get to the optometrist earlier because I really could've used my glasses on the highway for extra visibility. Yeah, that's new too - I now need to wear glasses for driving and long distance viewing. Had a test on Tuesday, blind as a bloody bat these days, getting old is so depressing! Things just start going wrong or worse heading South. Gross; getting older is gross! I must find a way to put to a stop to it immediately!
On a lighter and far less funky note I have had some stellar encounters this week. Here is the stuff that made me smile the most:
- Got to see a work colleagues amazing new property, full of dark Gothic woods and stained glass features- drool!
- Got my zen on at Body Balance.
- Played the Lego Movie Game on PS3 and it was awesome!
- Caught up with my folks and had a lovely Ukrainian lunch - yummy!
- Kick started Seth's need for braces by tackling the orthodontist and found out that I have a couple of years before I need to freak out - yay!
- Had churros at my fave Spanish Restaurant in Ballarat.
- Got a foot and a head rub off hubby - oh yeah!
- Saw the amazing First People's exhibition and dinosaurs at the Melbourne Museum.
- Went to the Experience Latrobe University Day with Zoe in Bendigo.
- Had a mid-week dinner with my best bud Helen (thanks for cooking Helen x)
- Helped put together 40 capes for the PBIS launch day at work and scored a tasty morning tea as reward.
- Started watching Call the Midwife series one, good viewing.
Release Date: 2013
Rating: MA 15+
Running Time: 100 mins
Okay, first just let me say that I am not proud of this, but in my defense it was after midnight and free to watch on Foxtel.
This is clearly below average viewing; following the same ridiculous formula as the other Hangover installments, but not nearly as watchable as the first one, which I did enjoy.
That said, Chow's karaoke version of Nine Inch Nails 'Hurt'' earned this movie a chili pepper straight off the bat, I was in tears! But the laughs were too sporadic and there were far too few of them. It is slightly better than the 2nd but this just has to stop now please!
FINAL SAY: An empire of dirt
1.5 Chili Peppers
Release Date: 2006
Rating: MA 15+
Running Time: 85 mins
This was an interesting movie, told from the perspective of five different women that were all impacted by the death of a girl. These five short stories intersect each other and each character has their own unique set of struggles to deal with.
We meet the stranger, the sister, the mother, the wife and the dead girl over the short span of this film, making the pace fast but still reasonably fleshed out in character development.
Ironically the role of the dead girl is played by Brittany Murphy, who herself had an untimely death only 3 years later. Brittany does a fabulous job of her role, as does the rest of the extremely strong cast including Josh Brolin, James Franco, Toni Collette, Giovanni Ribisi and Rose Byrne.
FINAL SAY: Thought provoking
3 Chili Peppers